Sustainability and Transformation Partnership: A plan for the future of local health services.
The Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (BLMK STP).
STPs are being developed in local 'footprints' across England. Milton Keynes is working with Bedfordshire, Bedford Borough and Luton to develop a plan that will set out how local services will evolve to become sustainable over the next five years.
STPs look at how health and care services within the NHS can work more closely together to provide affordable, high quality services for local communities.
We want to ensure that as many people as possible are aware of changes to the way that their local healthcare services are provided, and are given the opportunity to have their say on proposed changes.
So far we have:
- Helped organise a series of pre-consultation events
- Shared our feedback at these meetings
- Conducted a survey to find out how much local people are aware of the STP and what it could mean for their healthcare
- Attended an event on Priority 4 of the STP (Digitisation) and fed into how digital transformation, including a shared care record for patients, can be shaped
- Joined the Local Maternity System meetings, a workstream for the STP
- Shared as information about the BLMK STP and what it will mean for local health services as widely as possible.
Public engagement in Milton Keynes
The BLMK STP team produced a discussion paper in March 2017 outlining current thinking on the BLMK STP. A summary of feedback from pre-consultation engagement is available.